UL 508A Control Panel Designer
Malloy Electric is a rapidly growing company in the business of sales and service of electric controls, electrical motors and power transmission products.
The focus of our panel designers is to support electrical sales with providing quotes, design custom industrial control panels, and aid in the supervision of the final construction of the panel. The designer will fully design and provide wiring schematics, layout drawings and a BOM. Designers are also expected to work as a team with the technicians to complete the construction of the panel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and review a variety of industry standard components.
- Design and specify panel component layout using electrical design software
- Generate electrical schematics, to include as-built and field wiring provisions
- Develop and review project related drawings and documentation packages, such as wiring diagrams, bill of materials (BOMs), one lines, cable specifications, network diagrams, manuals, specifications, and regulatory submittals
- Provide technical guidance and direction to customers, salesman, and electrical technicians
- Review project documents for scope, presentation and technical accuracy
- Assisting with commissioning of industrial electrical and control systems
- Potential use of hand, power and machine tools as required
- Maintaining good working relationships and communication with customer, panel builders, department managers, and other team members to coordinate design
- Perform other functions as necessary.
Skills / Qualifications
- Daily contact with supervisor(s) and/or assigned personnel.
- Customer contact.
- Vocational technical training or 4-year degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum 2 years’ experience or recognized equivalent.
- Potential fork lift, overhead hoist, hand tools and power tools as needed
- Procedures are established for normal work assignments. Interpret written/oral instructions given by supervisor(s) or assigned personnel, to carry out assigned duties, but seeks advice when needed. Instructions/guidance provided for new or non-standard assignments.
- Be willing to learn by asking questions, reading product information literature and viewing training aides.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Have basic math skills.
- Be enthusiastic and willing to take on responsibility.
- Be safety minded.
- Must be team oriented and able to participate in a team culture
- Provide instruction and guidance to new and existing employees as needed.
Strong software knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Familiarity with Draft Sight, ePLAN, SolidWORKS or similar programs.
PLC and related control system programming including HMI/GUI system programming and configuration for PLCs, HMIs, Networking Components and Software Packages.
Familiarity with Siemens automation equipment is a plus.
Mail to:Malloy Electric Attn: Human Resources 809 W. Russell Street Sioux Falls, SD 57104