Malloy is a rapidly growing company in the business of sales and service of electric controls, electrical motors, variable frequency drives and power transmission products.
A Machinist sets up and operates various machine tools, following established methods and procedures, meeting critical tolerances necessary to machine an array of parts to meet time and customer requirements. Machining Department
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess and determine processes necessary for set ups, determine operations sequence and optimum cutting parameters.
- Make tools, fixtures, accessories and cutting tools. Select proper tools and accessories as well as sharpen cutting tools, select, replace and align inserts.
- Set up and operate machine tools required to perform complicated non-repetitive machining operations requiring independent decisions.
- Assist in the disassemble inspection, repair, reassembly and installation of all types of motors, generators, pumps, turbines, etc.
- Abide by all safety/environmental rules and regulations.
- Exercise independent judgment on service projects, providing some guidance and instructions to other personnel. Consult with customers, utilizing good customer relations skills.
- Make routine repairs and new parts for machine and equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- May be assigned to field to support service work as required.
- Perform other functions as necessary.
- Engine/Manual Lathe
- Manual Horizontal/Vertical Mill
- Welding: MIG, TIG, Stick, Thermal Spray Processes
- Hold tolerances to .0005
- Measuring Devices: Micro-meters, Calipers
- Other devices: Presses, Surface Grinders, Variety of Hand Tools, Band Saws
- High school diploma or vocational technical training
- Must possess hand tools required to perform the position’s essential functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the appropriate state mandated minimum automobile insurance requirements.
- Have a mechanical aptitude.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Have basic math skills.
- Be enthusiastic and willing to take on responsibility.
- Be safety minded.
Mail to:Malloy Electric Attn: Human Resources 809 W. Russell Street Sioux Falls, SD 57104