Panel Shop Designer
Malloy is a rapidly growing company in the business of sales and service of electric controls, electrical motors and power transmission products.
Come work with us in Malloy’s UL508A and 698A panel Shop. We build custom control panels, custom motor control center buckets and repair large industrial equipment like motor control center buckets, variable frequency drives (VFDs), soft starts and large breakers. Ideal candidates will have secondary schooling from a technical school or university.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Specify components in panels
- Design and specify panel layout, generate drawings for schematics, shop manufacturing through field wiring drawings
- Develop and review project related drawing and documentation packages such as wiring diagrams, bill of materials (BOMs), one lines, cable specifications, network diagrams, manuals, specifications, and regulatory submittals
- Provide technical, guidance, direction, and review of a systems design, development and integration plan.
- Reviewing project documents for scope, presentation and technical accuracy
- Maintaining good working relationships and communication with customer, panel builders, department managers, and other team members to coordinate design
- Assisting with commissioning of industrial electrical and control systems
Qualifications and Skills
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical Design technology from an accredited University or College
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity using drafting programs
- Minimum of 2 years of Industrial Control System design experience
- Control panel layout experience.
- Basic knowledge of ladder logic.
- Experience specifying electrical/control components
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Up-to-date and in-depth knowledge in the power, control and automation industry
- Expertise in 3 phase power systems and control systems
- Knowledge of UL and NEC standards
- Meticulous and attention to details plus great communication skills
- Perform well under tight schedules and other pressure
Travel as needed to customer sites for clear and concise understanding of customer needs/requirements
Strong software knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with Draft Sight, SolidWORKS or similar drafting program.
PLC and related control system programming including HMI/GUI system programming and configuration for PLCs, HMIs, Networking Components and Software Packages. Familiarity with Siemens automation equipment is a plus.
Attn: Human Resources
809 W. Russell Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104