Summer Internship Program 2020
Malloy is a rapidly growing company in the business of sales and service of electric controls, electrical motors, variable frequency drives and power transmission products.
We are looking for Summer Interns at our following locations: Sioux Falls, SD, Dakota Dunes, SD, Omaha, NE, and Mandan, ND
Internship possibilities include: Machining, Mechanics, and Engineering
- Operate: Engine/Manual Lathes and Manual Horizontal/Vertical Mill
- Hold tolerances to .0005
- Effectively use: Micro-meters, Calipers, Presses, Surface Grinder, Variety of Hand Tools, Band Saws
- Test, disassemble, clean, repair, and reassemble motors and other equipment; noting and replacing parts as needed.
- Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence
- Operate specialized repair testing equipment as needed
Engineering (Electrical Engineering and Electrical Engineering Technology)
- Understand basic wiring schematics by working in Malloy’s UL508A and 698A Panel Shop
- Hands-on field work to assist customer with
operation needs via commissioning, troubleshooting, and repair of:
- Variable Frequency Drives
- DC Controllers
- Soft Starts
- Electrical Preventive Maintenance and Testing
- 480-15kV Switchgear, Starters, Motors, VFDs
- Understand results and prepare reports
- Student currently attending post-secondary education in related educational field – preferably with one year left to finish
- Have a mechanical aptitude.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Have basic math skills.
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn and take on responsibility.
- Be safety minded.
Attn: Human Resources
809 W. Russell Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104