Malloy was founded by Emmett and Mary Malloy in 1945. It began in a small building located in downtown Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It was made up of two departments at the time: Motor Repair and Electric Construction. In 1971, Garry and Dianne Jacobson purchased Malloy and expanded to incorporate the retail sales of motors, electrical equipment, and power transmission equipment. It continued to expand over the years and now has incorporated large facilities that house machine shops, electronic shops, and motor repair shops.
Malloy has facilities capable of rebuilding the largest sizes of electric motors and industrial equipment. Among these facilities is the “state of the art” Dakota Dunes location. The new facility houses inside technical support, outside sales, a motor repair center for motors through 8,000 HP, a machine shop, electronic service department, engineering services, offices, and a large warehouse. Malloy maintains three other locations, with the headquarters residing in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
A strong commitment to customer service and technical improvements has made Malloy a key player in the motor, control, and power transmission industry.